THE NASI KEBULI RECIPE
A great nasi recipe to try !
Nasi Recipe INGREDIENTS
- 3 kg basmuthi rice (washed and cleaned) (basmuthi rice is preferred to maintain its "dryness")
- 400 gm ginger - }
- 200 gm onions - }sliced into thin pieces
- 400 gm garlic - }
- 200 ml cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon thick salty soy sauce
- Cashew nuts, raisins, cloves and spring onions
- 80 gm salt
- 10 gm mint leaves
- 1 cup of water
- 150 gm fennel
- 75 gm black pepper powder
- 30 gm cardamom
- 150 gm cummin
- 300 gm coriander seed
- piece of cinnamon stick
1. Boil the "A" ingredients together until you get about ¼ cup of the mixture.
2. Mix the rice with the resulting "A" mixture, and add the "B" ingredients and the soy sauce.
3. Then add the cooking oil and mix them until they blend nicely.
4. Put some water in the cooking pot up to the rice level, and put in the mixed rice.
5. Boil and cook the rice until it is almost dry and then put in the spring onions, ginger, garlic, raisins and cashew nuts.
6. Heat until the rice mixture is cooked and dry. (In the villages, the mixed rice is cooked in a kuali (wok) for easier stirring and mixing of the rice and ingredients. The nasi recipe of kebuli is ready...enjoy it !
Nasi Kebuli is eaten together with other traditional dishes like beef or chicken rendang, acar timun or nenas pacheri. Sometimes, the chicken or beef is boiled and cooked first and then added with the cashew nuts, etc. into the rice mixture when cooking.